Data Analyst Sr
We are using data and analytics to transform care and cures for kids!
For more than 100 years, Seattle Children's has been leading the discovery of new cures and delivering the latest treatments available - all part of our mission to prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease. We are now taking it to the next level and experiencing unprecedented growth in data and analytics across the enterprise. We're looking for talented data/analytic experts with a passion for helping kids and their families lead better, healthier lives.
This Finance and Contracting Senior Data Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Supports the Hospital and Enterprise Analytic's vision, mission, and strategic initiatives by using technical expertise to design, create and develop analytical solutions and by providing internal consultation and project management.
- Provides leadership in the facilitating and gathering business requirements, and provides knowledge in business/clinical processes, analytical expertise, technical programming skills, and strong leadership skills in working with key stakeholders, end users and project team members.
- Identifies and resolves issues throughout the development of analytical solutions, and is accountable for identifying opportunities for continuous improvement in workflow processes in the implementation of these solutions.
- Designs, creates and deploys analytical solutions for Executive Leadership and other key stakeholders within the organization.
- Takes a formal or an informal lead on project tasks, and leads efforts to design and implement analytic solutions, including reports, dashboards, and views from a wide range of existing data sources, and provides leadership in evaluating and optimizing these solutions.
- Assures integrity of the data for current and future use in strategic initiatives, continuous quality improvement efforts and hospital goals, and for insuring the sustainability and adaptability of all developed solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency
- Minimum five (5) years experience in progressively more responsible work as a data analyst, developer or equivalent, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Experience with Cerner, Epic or similar software product.
- At least three (3) years managing medium to large projects using standard project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- Experience working with clinicians on pathways, ordersets or similar tools
- Experience working with the development life cycle
- Uses logical and basic statistical analyses to make comparisons and detect trends
- Utilizes established data analysis models and tools for analyzing qualitative or quantitative data
- Applies fundamental statistical methods to identify correlations and causal relationships
Back to top