Data Analyst Sr
We are using data and analytics to transform care and cures for kids!
For more than 100 years, Seattle Children's has led the discovery of new cures and delivering the latest treatments available - all as a part of our mission to prevent, treat, and eliminate pediatric disease. We are now taking it to the next level driving unprecedented growth in leveraging data and analytics at scale across the enterprise.
Seattle Children's Enterprise Analytics (SCEA) team is building the analytic platform that is powering this growth. From simplest data mart/analytics to real-time streaming to predictive analytics, we deliver data and analytics to our world-class researchers, clinicians and operations needed to make timely, data-driven decisions - decisions that will transform care and cures for kids worldwide for decades to come.
We're looking for talented data analysts, data scientists, engineers, project managers, to join us on this journey. People with a passion for helping kids and their families lead better, healthier lives.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who will be on the Clinical Analytics team who will provide analytic support for our Patient and Family Experience team. We will be looking for someone who has experience in providing analytics for our internal customers, supporting hospital goals and initiatives, identifying potential areas for improvement, and understanding the analytic challenges that the customer is facing so as to provide maximum value to them. We want someone who can make solid recommendations incorporating best practices for analytic solutions.
We need you to be someone who can apply expert problem-solving and critical thinking in data analytics. Are you the type of data analyst who is passionate about taking the lead in analytic Interpretation, evaluation, and interrelation of complex data, and develop integrated data analyses that can drive towards strategic decision-making, utilization trending, patient outcome analysis, and quality measurement?
If you feel passionate and excited about using data and analytics to transform care and cures for kids, then Seattle Children's Hospital is the place that you can make a difference!
To be successful, you will need to partner with our business partners, product delivery teams, operations teams and infrastructure teams to solve problems, implement next generation solutions and deliver successfully against high operational standards of system availability and reliability. We look for team members who are excellent communicators, self-motivated, flexible, hard working and who like to have
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates analytical and technical competency
- Minimum five (5) years experience performing progressively more responsible work as a clinical or business data analyst, developer or equivalent in a clinical or financial setting
- Minimum five (5) years of related work in a healthcare environment - Experience with Cerner, Epic or similar software product.
- At least six (6) years progressively more complex systems and analysis responsibilities
- At least three (3) years managing medium to large projects using standard project management skills, tools and methodologies
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- Experience working with clinicians on pathways, ordersets or similar tools
- Experience working with the development life cycle
- Experience with SQL or other coding language
- Experience with R, Tableau, or similar analytic tools
- Experience with patient experience surveys and related experience analytics
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top