Cook II - Per Diem
The Cook II is responsible for preparing food products utilizing basic and advanced cooking techniques, standard recipes and plating guidelines; and meeting production schedules in accordance with health, safety and sanitary procedures. This position is responsible for production, storage, and ensuring proper utilization of food and supplies within the kitchen to meet the diverse needs of our patients, families, and staff. Maintains organization and cleanliness of equipment, supplies, and work areas throughout the shift. Participates in improvement work, recipe and menu development, showcases culinary skills and products, and performs related tasks as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Four (4) years of professional food production experience
- Washington State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit obtained within 15 days of employment
- Culinary Degree or Formalized Apprenticeship
- Experience with food production in a catering, hotel, or hospital setting
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top