Clinical Research Assistant
The Mangione-Smith Research Team at the Center for Child Health, Behavior and Development is looking to hire an exceptional candidate to join an experienced team whose focus is to obtain follow-up with the overall goal of assessing caregiver and patient-reported outcomes during and after admission to a hospital.
In this position the candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the timely daily recruitment of follow-up survey via phone calls.
- Assist in development of weekly data reports
- Participate in preparing and reviewing departmental research Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Update identified organization folders for projects
- Make detailed observations, and accurately document research data from multiple sources
- Edit and test research surveys in a secure database platform
- Assist in preparation of IRB applications, renewals and correspondence as needed
- Participate in hospital and departmental education to develop knowledge base related to specific research activities
- Keep abreast of literature related to clinical research in general, as well as research specific to clinical area
- Ability to manage multiple projects in obtaining follow-up surveys
- Strong communication skills, including verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and good with follow through
- Ability to work independently and in a team; to take initiative and be flexible
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel
Required: - High School Diploma or equivalent - Two (2) years of college-level coursework in biological or life sciences or health related field - At least one (1) year of work experience Preferred: - Bachelors Degree in biological or life sciences or health related field - At least three (3) years in a research or health care setting - Familiarity with US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and International Conference on - Harmonization (ICH) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines - Knowledge of medical terminology
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top