Clinical Application Technologist
This position will help provide key IT services to and clinical technology support for Neurosciences and Sleep Disorders practices. Clinical partnerships will include Neurology, Neurosurgery, Epilepsy, Neurodiagnostics, Neuropsychology, Neurological Sleep Disorders, Pulmonary Sleep Disorders, and Sleep Diagnostics. Daily operational support tasks will primarily require engagement with Neurodiagnostics (EEG) and Sleep Diagnostics (PSG) technologist teams, but will include other clinical practices as required. This role is the primary support provider for the specialty medical devices and medical applications used by these clinical practices in a variety of settings that may include interaction with patients and patient families. Participate in the implementation and on-going operations of technology solutions to maximize the clinical use of information technology. Deploy, upgrade, test, and integrate medical device computer applications and systems. Collaborate with peers, end users and project team members to identify and resolve issues regarding all phases of assigned projects including assessment, design, build, testing, training and implementation. As required, independently carry out project tasks and collaborate with other project analysts as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, OR equivalent combination of training and experience that demonstrates a high degree of technical competence.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in an Information Technology working with demonstrated progression and responsibility in any combination of the following disciplines(OS/platform administration, Database Administration, application development or medical device support and administration.)
- Proven experience utilizing project management tools and methodologies and leading committees, projects and activities
- Proven ability to fully use and apply standard principles, theories and concepts related to technical discipline
- Experience with clinical, hospital and/or financial applications and/or systems
- History of customer service roles that required professional and courteous service to diverse partners under high-pressure operating environments, particularly in a healthcare setting.
- One or more of the following certifications: COMPTIA A+, COMPTIA Network+, Microsoft Associate-level Infrastructure, Microsoft Associate-level Productivity.
- Experience working with FDA-regulated medical devices.
- Familiarity with healthcare privacy, compliance, and error prevention practices.
- Experience with implementations of ITIL practices, particularly the service management framework.
- Advanced Windows diagnostic skills, including the use of the Windows debugger and Sysinternals tools.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, particularly using the SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience developing and managing reliable Powershell scripts with good documentation.
- Experience administrating servers that are virtualized on a type 1 hypervisor platform, particularly VMware vSphere solutions.
- Experience working within Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop application delivery environments, particularly with some usage of Citrix AppCenter to manage published applications and user connections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Significant technical experience with Windows 7 administration, deployment and diagnostics.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 in an enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with diagnostic and administrative tools.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Able to anticipate customer needs, assess requirements, and coordinate with management and senior staff to provide effective, timely service.
- Able to establish and maintain effective work relationships with customers and peers.
Back to top