Chief Pharmacy Officer
The Chief Pharmacy Officer is the senior-most pharmacy leader providing oversight, direction, and decision making for Seattle Children's pharmacy services and responsible for strategic planning, program growth and development, clinical services delivered by pharmacists, medication management, medication quality and safety, formulary management, pharmacy operations and financial performance, regulatory compliance, pharmaceutical inventory management, investigational drug services, ASHP-accredited residency programs, continuous improvement and innovation activities and contract management. Establishes and sustains strong collaborative relationships with key leaders throughout the organization and with pharmacy thought leaders across the country; to engage with physicians and other caregivers to further integrate pharmacy across the care continuum and ensure safe and appropriate patient outcomes.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy
- Ten years progressive pharmacy management experience in a hospital environment and/or healthcare system
- Five years of pharmacy practice experience in an acute-care or community pharmacy setting
- MHA, MBA or equivalent
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited residency program
- Pharmacy practice experience in a pediatric setting
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top