Charge RN OR .1.0 N Sign On Bonus
As an integral member of the health care team, the Charge RN functions within the scope of practice as defined by Washington State and the ANA Scope and Standards for Pediatric Nursing Practice. Responsible for the planning, organization and delivery of safe and timely patient and family care for all patients on the unit during each shift or for providing safe direct patient care. Applies the knowledge and skill necessary to provide appropriate interactions with staff, patients and families of all ages. Applies the nursing process to the oversight and coordination of patient care for entire unit patient population during assigned shift. Assists in meeting Seattle Children's strategic plans by incorporating the initiatives to support the strategic plans into the daily work, i.e. Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), ART, etc.
- Minimum of at least 1 year of RN experience in Operating Room department
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current Washington State RN License.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers. Current PALS certification will be accepted in lieu of the BLS either at time of hire or as an annual competency (ACLS will not be accepted as a substitute to the requirements listed above.)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) is required within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Solid organizational skills, and ability to handle difficult situations. Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Specialty certification in area of practice may be required for specific departments.
- Demonstrated professional leadership skills and ability
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top