Business Data Analyst
Primary responsibility is the design, creation and deployment of analytical solutions for Executive leadership and other key stakeholders in the Research Institute. In support of this, is responsible for gathering business requirements from key stakeholders, designing and implementing analytic solutions, including reports and dashboards, using a wide range of existing data sources, and participating in evaluating and optimizing these solutions. Identify and resolve issues throughout the development lifecycle, and participate in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. Document and manage functional requirements for assigned projects, ensuring the sustainability and adaptability of all developed tools. Support the Research Institute in the deployment of broader enterprise systems and take primary responsibility for the adaptation of such systems to existing and envisioned reporting needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Science, Computer Science, Math, Business, or related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience/technical training that demonstrates technical competency
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working as a data or systems analyst; to include at least two (2) years of relevant experience with SQL, building reporting and modeling
- Minimum of one (1) years experience creating effective dashboards with Tableau, PowerBI (or other business intelligence software)
- Master's Degree (MBA or MHA) strongly preferred.
- Two years of related work in a healthcare or research environment
- Three years development experience with SQL (views, functions, procedures, etc.), and related tools (Access, TOAD, Excel, VBA, HTML, XML, Power Query)
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top