Building and Plant Maintenance Technician - Research
- Seattle, WA
Join our top notch Research Building and Engineering team to continue to support the Seattle Children's mission! This Building and Plant Maintenance Tech role will be a member of our Building and Engineering team located in downtown Seattle that supports 330,000 sq. ft. of clinical and laboratory space and 1500 staff members. The BMPT assists the Lead & Plant Engineers in the Operation, Maintenance and repair of building systems, including: HVAC, Boilers, Chillers, Pure Water, Domestic water, Cooling towers, Vacuum pumps, Compressors, and Electrical. Conducts building wide repairs to building fixtures, machinery, and systems. Will require on call hours. Operates, maintains and repairs boilers within limits of Seattle Boiler Fireman Grade 4 license. Also assists with furniture/equipment moving and relocation.
Here at Seattle Children's we are united by a compelling mission: We provide hope, care and cures to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Seattle Children's Research Institute is among the top 5 in National Institutes of Health funding - a sign that our physician-scientists are leaders in research that improves the outlook for children with a wide range of conditions.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
• Leader in Pediatric Care: Because of our people, Seattle Children's is recognized as a leading teaching, research and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
• Employee Centric: Rated #10 on Forbes Best Employer list
• Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
• Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus provided to staff who us alternate methods of travel to/from work, company vanpools.
• Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective and respectful care compatible with each patient and family's beliefs, values, and heritage
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience in building / industrial maintenance, including troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical systems.
- Per the driver's license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- City of Seattle 4th grade boiler fireman license or obtainable within 12 months of hire.
- Current Washington State driver’s license.
- 3rd grade boiler license.
- Washington State EL07 Maintenance Electrician. Washington State Electrical Trainee certificate.
- Two (2) years trade school in Building/Industrial Maintenance.
- Five (5) years experience in building/industrial maintenance, including troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical systems.
Back to top