Provide lifeguarding for patient and community swim programs while maintaining a safe aquatic environment. Teach swimming and water safety skills to patients and community pool users. Assist in new program development, effective communication regarding programs, and daily pool operations. Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care and interactions with hospital staff, patients and their families and community members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in lifeguarding and instructing swim programs for a variety of ages and skill levels.
- Experience in planning and implementing swim lesson programs for youth of all ages, abilities and skill levels.
- Current certification in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR/AED by these certifying agencies; American Red Cross, YMCA, Lifesaving Society, Ellis and Associates (A & E), Advanced Lifeguard Training International (ALTI), Stargard.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education, Therapeutic Recreation, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience teaching Adapted Aquatics, coaching Special Olympics, working with physically and mentally challenged youth in an active setting.
- Experience planning and implementing aquatics programs of progressive experiences for therapeutic, instructional, and recreational purposes.
- Current certification as a Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator or equivalent certification
- Current certification as a American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or equivalent swim lesson certification.
Meet Some of Seattle Children's's Employees
Clinical Research Associate
Shannon works with sites across the nation that conduct cystic fibrosis trials to ensure that they have everything they need to perform their life-saving clinical research successfully.
Back to top