Animal Technician III
Conduct laboratory animal care and associated support duties according to standards set forth by the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals (the Guide) to achieve and/or maintain full accreditation status with the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International (AAALAC). Provide training to staff and coordinate Research needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years as an Animal Technician, to include:
- Experience in rodent colony production techniques and maintenance
- Experience in standard operating procedure, design and implementation.
- ABSL-3 experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a science specialty, or related field
- American Assn. for Laboratory Animal Science ALAT, LAT or LATG Certifications
- Experience in the basic materials management process (i.e., ordering, receiving and inventory control).
Back to top