Territory Training & Development Manager (Chicago, IL)
The Territory Trng & Dev Mgr (TTDM) is responsible for identifying, developing and analyzing performance to ensure that the technical workforce receives technical, customer experience, systemic and operational training for new hire and incumbent technicians. This position uses Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other relevant metrics, to identify and analyze training opportunities, including customer experience, technical, systemic and operational, and the targeting of Home Services training programs to ensure a strong technical workforce. This position partners and coordinates with Chicago Technical School (CTS) to ensure CTS courses are effective at preparing and maximizing new hire performance. This position has full accountability for the Technician Onboarding process and platform, ensuring that the on-boarding process is followed and that the on-boarding platform is kept up-to-date.
The Territory Trng & Dev Mgr (TTDM) has responsibility for strategic planning and oversight of technical training strategies and initiatives as well as organizational development in the field. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing Territory Continuous Improvement Initiatives which improve technician performance. This position provides oversight of training and development a high performance team of up to 1,500 associates.
- Analyzes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Scorecard Metrics, and operational compliance reporting, to identify outlier performance and opportunities for training. Makes training recommendations based on results of analysis
- Understands the In-Home business model and how to translate the requirements into current and future training
- Coordinates with the Region Service Quality Manager to deploy national or regional training programs and priorities
- Ensures that incumbent technical workforce participates in continuous educational training webinars, has real time coaching opportunities with Technical Managers or Lead Mentor techs, and utilizes technical resources within the Territory and nationally
- Ensures that new technical workforce participates in the Chicago Training School within the established timelines, as well as ensures that new technicians have ongoing access to other training resources within the Territory and nationally
- Works with Territory and District leadership, along with Capacity Planning team, to ensure that training time is reserved and optimally scheduled throughout the year to ensure maximization of training capacity
- Coaches, trains and ensures that Lead Mentor Techs are receiving leadership and continuous technical, customer experience, systemic and operational training. Ensures consistency of this position within the Territory
- Maintains knowledge of and partners with field management to take advantage of local vendor training and resources
- Bachelors Degree
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Valid Driver License for the State of employment
- Up to 50% travel
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to make fact-based decisions, exercise creativity and take responsible risks
- Effective problem solving and resolution skills when working with customers Effective problem solving and resolution skills coaching associates
- Ability to influence a virtual workforce and effectively communicate via non-traditional means
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Ability to adapt and be an advocate for change
- Ability to read, analyze and utilize reports
- Ability to use computer systems to input, access, modify or output information or to execute programs or analyses
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of the business, with the ability to communicate the goals of Home Services to associates
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top