The Technical Helper is responsible for providing assistance to Service Technicians on repair calls and shuttling necessary parts and supplies for service repair completion.
- Rides with or meets Technician at designated location to assist on service call
- Follows directions provided by Service Technician to assist in completing product repair, including, but not limited to assistance in
lifting, handling of tools, etc.
- Shuttles parts and supplies to Technician when applicable
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to aid physically the Service Technician in the handling of appliances or equipment to be repaired
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime as needed
- Ability to handle stressful situations, and to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to apply appropriate safety procedures and equipment to protect Company and customer assets
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Service Technician and customer
- Ability to read and utilize reports as needed
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow Quality Management System (QMS) process guidelines
- Ability to maintain regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment to deliver high performance results
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Open to change, with the ability to implement change quickly and effectively
- Ability to convey a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors
- Excellent communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- 18 years of age or older
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top