The Taxonomist partners with Research, Product Management, Engineering and Visual Designer, to combine art and science to create information architecture, navigation and taxonomy of the site that support effective product and information findability
- Develops taxonomies and attribute sets to improve product findability and shopping experience for Sears eCommerce sites
- Creates functional design and maintenance work for medium to high complexity projects using competitive research and input from cross-functional teams to ensure the taxonomy is development allowing our members to find products more efficiently.
- Provides/confirms work effort estimates for taxonomy projects to ensure deadlines are met.
- Conducts iterative evaluations of taxonomy design based on customer feedback (usability testing, interviews, cognitive walk-through, heuristic reviews).
- Prepares and conducts structured heuristic taxonomy reviews.
- Applies new taxonomy and hierarchy designs using data collected from cross functional teams and competitive analysis.
- Identifies opportunities to improve taxonomy change management processes and communications
- Develops proficiency in SHC product data/content management system
- Shares knowledge, ground rules and perspective with team members.
- Handles Taxonomy JIRA requests to address problems as well as to execute ongoing maintenance tasks.
- BS/BA degree in related field required or equivalent professional work related experience.
- 2 to 5 years related professional experience.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top