SYW Member Services Specialist
Responsible for helping Kmart visitors, guests, customers, and SYW Members get more out of our Shop Your Way solutions by sharing knowledge and providing exceptional customer service in the following areas:
1. Get members started with our technology solutions, mobile applications, and give quick and efficient technology support.
2. Being the store ambassador for SYW Relay
We, at Kmart, aspire to provide our members with products and services that improve their quality of life. In your role as a Part-Time MSS:
1. You provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to Kmart members in need.
2. You educate customers and your peers about SYW Technology Solutions, while independently keeping your own technical know-how up-to-date. We’re looking for incredible individuals to connect customers to our amazing services.
3. Work with other Kmart staff or independently, you help transform Kmart Store visitors into loyal SYW Members, as well as SYW Relay and SYW Personal Shopper users.
4. You help generate excitement around SYW services and getting customers to download our applications and use our services. By helping Kmart build and maintain strong relationships with members, you are a big part of our success.
5. Working as the SYW Relay Runner to pick up orders with items located inside the store and outside the store
6. Acting as a SYW Relay Scout to identify other local Stores, Malls, Orgs and Pickup locations that can be added to the SYW Relay app ecosystem
- Interact with Kmart customers, showing them SYW technology and programs to meet daily in-store interactions goals
- Works with Kmart customers to download all SYW apps, with a strong focus on SYW Relay and SYW Personal Shopper, in order to meet daily download goals
- Assists Kmart customers with setting up accounts with various SYW and company applications, as well as navigating the apps and troubleshooting issues and answering questions on how to utilize the apps in the most effective way
- Using the SYW Runner app, identifies orders and purchases items using company provided purchase cards
- Performs shopping duties within Kmart store and out-of-store in the form of driving to and visiting stores outside of Kmart to purchase items on behalf of SYW Relay member
- Manages orders through the app so that all purchases are collected and delivered on time
- Consolidates orders for individual members from multiple stores into one SYW Relay delivery
- Delivers orders where necessary or hands them off to a predefined delivery service
- Monitors Runner app for orders and chat requests, and responds within SLA timelines
- Interacts with Members (customers) in a professional and courteous manner
- Continually evaluates and suggests process improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 21 years of age or older + may need to purchase alcohol
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance
- Associate regularly using personal cars more than 12 times each year for company business must maintain minimum auto liability coverage of: $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident for bodily injury and $50,000 for property damage
- Vehicle to complete out of store shopping
- Ability to assist in order fulfillment by following a list provided and selecting correct items
- Ability to form strong partnerships and communicate well with store team members
- Ability to identify issues relating to members orders and communicate to MSA for follow up
- Customer Focus and Teamwork Focus
- Embraces change
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in outbound selling
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: < 1 Year
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: 25%
Age Requirement: 21+
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top