Software Engineer III
- Create and design new software, applying theoretical principles of computing and mathematics in order to analyze, test and assess software systems.
- Evaluate user needs while designing and testing new software to meet those needs.
- Analyze and develop flow charts, models, diagrams and algorithms in addition to coding or modifying software.
- Research and develop new technologies and processes/algorithms, and introduce them to the enterprise as needed to improve revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and review the design of applications and new technology.
- Lead analysis, design and development of software with a small technical team.
- Develop and implement software for e-commerce applications and related technology.
- Deliver code that meets specifications, creates little to no operational support overhead and requires minimal support during development from more senior engineers.
- Create self-documenting designs and/or clearly communicate intent via comments in code, on specifications, in as-built documentation and during code reviews.
- Write unit and integration tests for each deliverable, effectively and comprehensively exercising the code; prevent the introduction of subsequent bugs, and correct existing bugs or design issues when discovered.
- Influence the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns).
- Serve as a team member in the design and new technology proof of concept for applications for new technology.
- Independently develop and implement software for e-commerce applications and related technology, with minimum oversight.
- Lead code reviews to ensure functional performance specifications are met and engineering standards are followed.
- Mentor more junior level employees in the positions of Software Engineer I and Software Engineer II.
- This position operates out of both: Chicago, IL and Hoffman Estates, IL.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or the foreign equivalent.
- Three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in writing code for hybrid applications that run on Android devices using Android SDK.
- Experience in writing code for iOS devices XCode, Objective C and Cocoa/Cocoa Touch.
- Experience in writing code for IoT (Internet of Things) front-end applications.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top