Paid Training/Carpet Technician (Bridgeview)
Carries out all assigned duties as directed by the Senior Carpet Technician. Is in training to become a Senior Technician.
- Preliminary check of truck each morning, including oil level, water level and tire pressure.
- Inventories equipment assigned and reports any discrepancies to the Senior Technician.
- Checks chemical inventory on truck.
- Assists Senior Technician with directions to customer location and serves as a spotter behind truck during all backing maneuvers.
- Explains and sells as many additional services as the customer may desire, including additional carpet and upholstery cleaning, carpet protector, deodorizer and spotter.
- Removes required equipment from truck in preparation of each job.
- Works under the direction of the Senior Carpet Technician to complete work assigned.
- Returns all equipment to the truck and secures it for trip to next assigned appointment.
- Cleans truck upon return to branch.
- Restocks chemical supplies.
- Completes daily equipment maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, and handle objects with hands.
- Ability to lift, bend, and endure other physical exertion.
- Ability to regularly reach, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl and lift up to 25 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top