Member Services Associate (Kmart 4214 - Des Plaines, IL)
Ambassador of our Shop Your Way (SYW) program and our Kmart brand to value members. Responsible for driving sales through exemplary service for the top member segment of his/her store.
We, at Kmart, aspire to provide our members with products and services that improve their quality of life. We want to bust through the clutter of everyday life and become a trusted resource for our members – ensuring our members have what they need, when and where they need it.
To bring this vision to life, we are seeking an outgoing, problem solver who will quite simply obsesses over exceeding the expectations of our valued members and convince them to give more of their business to Kmart. The Member Services Associate (MSA) connects with the most valued members of their store, understands their needs and enables our services for the member including our Shop Your Way (SYW) capabilities to meet those needs and translates into increased member sales.
This individual will be a critical part of the transformation of what it means to shop at Kmart.
- Convert valued members either through proactive engagement (phone or in-store) or in reaction to member communications into the runner service or personal shopper program.
- Have a conversation with the member to qualify their needs. Ask a series of questions to understand the members needs, use data about shopping patterns or their feedback to identify solutions on how Kmart and Sears through SYW can improve the quality of the shopping.
- Through a member intake process, starts a detailed member profile to help ensure that Kmart and Sears can best service the needs of the member. Determines the ongoing method of contact with the member. This includes identifying routine purchases as well as special occasions in the member’s life where gifting would occur.
- Connect the member with a personal shopper or works with the runner service or services like Shopbolt and SYW Relay and store team to fulfill those needs. Make products a member wants available for pick-up in store, shipped to home or in select instances may deliver products personally to members.
- Meet or exceed member sales objectives.
- Where a member identifies products they buy elsewhere (in a store other than Kmart or Sears) the MSA will work with the member, the runner service or other services like Shopbolt and SYW Relay to collate all those products from other locations in to one basket made available for the member to pick up at an allocated time or send to the home.
- Provide feedback on products that members commonly want but are not currently carried within Kmart or Sears so that we can introduce it to the assortment carried in store .
- Foster an ongoing relationship with members to ensure satisfaction with services. Serve as a point of contact for members who have issues / concerns.
- Continually seeks to improve conversion of valued members into the Personal Shopper program and increase spend with Kmart and Sears.
- Execute SYW initiatives in store as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior work experience in service and sales position.
- Independent, self-starter with experience directing own work.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze information and processes, identify root causes and develop/implement approved solutions
- Effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with a wide variety of people internally and externally.
- Microsoft Office computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in outbound selling preferred.
- Knowledge of store merchandising and operations practices and procedures.
- Outgoing personality, experience and comfort with public speaking and event planning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Education Experience: HS Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 3-4 Years
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Age Requirement: 18+ (Except Under Certain Conditions)
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top