Lead Mentor Home Appliance Service Technician, In-Home
The Lead Mentor Technician, on an individual and mentor/mentee basis, is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of customers’ products while maintaining high customer service. This position promotes and sells additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the Company. In addition, the purpose of this position is to provide direct mentoring of new hire technicians during the first phase of their onboarding. The Lead Mentor Technician works with the district to ensure specialized training is delivered, and all aspects of technical onboarding are satisfied. The Lead Mentor Technician advises TM/DSM of technician’s readiness and additional training needs. Additionally, the Lead Mentor Technician will be tasked to provide training and coaching to incumbent technicians on specific opportunity areas and to lead peer training courses as requested.
Responsibilities are contained within the District and are business unit specific: Reduction in District Technical turnover with indirect impact to EBITDA.
- 35% Provides direction and Technical assistance to Peer and Mentor Technicians
- 10% Conducts Technical Training and mentors other Technicians in the Home Appliances Industry
- 35% Recommends methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
- 5% Instructs and engages others on the Value Added Services Processes (i.e., Selling and Customer Pro-Advocacy) through effective communication
- 5% Coaches and trains others on all operating policies used in the In Home business specific to the roles and responsibilities of an In Home Service technician (proper truck maintenance and parts inventory management)
- 5% Directs and trains on technical performance metrics including, but not limited to: Net Completes per Day, Customer Satisfaction survey results, First Time Solutions, Recalls, First Time Completes
- 5% Mentors on use of support network (Customer Care Network (CCN), Client Interaction Team (CIT), Center of Excellence (COE), Sears Technical Assistance Team (STAC), District office support, District Staff, Routing, and others as identified by the Technical Manager/Area Operations Manager/District Technical Manager/District Service General Manager
- Demonstrates exemplary technicial behaviors to new and incumbent Technicians and serves as a positive role model
- Recognizes and Communicates existing asset gaps of their assigned workforce to the appropriate Technical Manager or Area Operations Manager
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Prerequisite required: Candidates for Lead Mentor Home Appliances Service Technician must be an active Home Appliances Service Technician with a meets or above expectations review for the last 2 review periods and a certified Mentor
- Knows, understands, demonstrates, and coaches on all tool usage and needs, policies, processes and procedures that apply to the In Home Services Home Appliance technician
- Ability to coach on effective use of resources including but not limited to: Sears associates, Vendors, Third Party customers, and other outside sources (i.e., Routing, Sears Technical Assistance Center (STAC)
- Ability to train/teach in a one-on-one and classroom environment
- Ability to coach peer Technicians in troubleshooting difficult repair diagnoses
- Ability to convey a positive image of the Company in all actions and behaviors
- Demonstrates and maintains a high level of professionalism in their appearance, language, and behaviors in all mentor and customer interactions
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt well to change and be a positive influence on others
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse workgroups, tailoring communication for audience and situation
- Ability to provide candid (both verbal and written) assessments of new hires and incumbent technicians on areas related to ability, effort, training needed, and possible solutions
- Demonstrates a commitment to safe work practices and coaches others in all aspects of the position including the work/customer environment, use of personal protective equipment, and safe driving
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Previously certified mentor and/or peer trainer (internal)
- Previous experience in leading or mentoring a group of technicians (internal or external)
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top