IAQ & Duct Cleaning Tech
The IAQ & Duct Cleaning Tech is responsible for providing air duct cleaning services to Sears Members' homes; stocking needed supplies and maintaining company vehicle while adhering to industry and company safety practices.
Provides quality duct cleaning and other related services to our customers while determining Interior Air Quality IAQ. Responsible for day to day coordination of branch duct cleaning services to ensure jobs are completed as scheduled. Works with Duct manager for innovative ideas on product development and improvement.
- Cleans and sanitizes Air Ducts & Dryer Vents in the Member's Home as directed by work order
- Evaluates Work Area's Air Quality and sells appropriate products (furnace filters, etc) for the overall improvement of Indoor Air Quality
- Plans the workday and determines the optimal travel route to scheduled appointments
- Ensures the safe driving of Company vehicles to the next scheduled appointment
- Surveys and discusses in detail with the customer any services to be completed
- Explains and sells as many additional services as the Member may desire, if applicable.
- Ensures that all pre-assigned jobs are successfully completed
- Completes and reviews invoices with the customer and secures payment for service
- Returns all equipment to the truck and secures it for trip to next assigned appointment
- Telephones the next customer to alert them of time of arrival
- Directs Assistant on duties during service calls
- Completes all paperwork upon returning to the branch, and turns in all invoices, payments and charges to designated person
- Assists the Manager in formal training and development of new duct cleaners.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Valid Driver License for the State of employment
- 18 years of age or older
- Must maintain a good driving record in compliance with Company requirements
- Must remain informed of current industry knowledge.
- Must have general knowledge of residential air duct structures and how they relate with heating/AC systems
- Demonstrated ability of good customer service techniques, which include follow through on all matters of sale. Adept use of a full range of proven selling techniques
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relations with fellow associates and external customers and assist a wide range of individuals in a variety of functions. A team player
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, and possess outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Remain in good physical condition with no history of back problems
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to use power tools and climb ladders
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top