Financial Services Specialist
The Financial Services Specialist (FSS) increases Financial Services results through personal selling efforts and by taking a leadership role to improve application acquisition in all areas of the store. This role plays a key leadership role in assisting in the training and observation/coaching of associates in acquisition of credit applications, improved credit share and additional Lease sales. FSS also creates awareness of promotions, process changes/updates, for all financial Service products. Maintains, with store leadership, the responsibility for Financial Service’s signing placement and understanding of offer throughout the store and at key entrances.
- Enhancing the in-store Member experience related to Financial Service to ensure that the end result is always a “WOW” Member experience. Providing heightened awareness of pre-approval lease amounts that are provided at the point of sales and how associates should present this buying opportunity to Members.
- Leads by example to consult with Members regarding Financial options by spending the majority of the time selling and educating associates on Financial Service products, features/benefits, selling and application acquisition techniques. Models the right behaviors in the selling process and takes ownership for understanding Member’s needs to recommend the right financial product and total solution every time, while meeting minimum performance expectations.
- Enhances the Member experience, and assists with Member concerns. Sells to and educates Members on Financial Services products. Creating heightened awareness of drive time promotions with consultative selling associates by training them on how to present Financial Service products within the sales process to clearly show the benefit of buying from Sears vs. the competition.
- Assists Store Leadership by providing information and training to associates on Financial Service products’ features and benefits, to generate incremental Application acquisition and Credit Share. Acts as a key resource for associates and managers, advising on Financial Service product updates, promotional events, and upcoming transitions. The FSS also educates associates on Financial Services promotions specific to their areas of responsibility.
- Drives Financial Service Member satisfaction by training and role playing with associates on the use of Sales tools and additional resources such as the Member Services Organization. Increases awareness and educating associates on how to assist customers in store who are looking for assistance resolving issues related to existing orders such as billing or delivery. Provides information to all selling associates on Financial Services by utilizing the reference site and store pebble group
- Assists store leadership with sales observations. Owns compliance by being responsible for daily training. Provides on-the-spot observations and feedback to sales associates to ensure they understand the expected behaviors and display them in interactions with members as related to Financial Services. Conducts role-plays on product features and benefits, proper selling techniques, use of sales tools, closing the sale materials, and reviewing delivery expectations. Assists with conducting sales meetings as needed within the Financial Services business.
Job Duties/Responsibilities (cont.):
- Maintains on-going knowledge of applicable Financial Services products and options, integrated retail, SYW, and operational processes and communicates this information to store leadership and associates. Achieves and maintains both appropriate personal and associates’ levels of learning standards through Segno and other learning systems.
- Cascades communications about upcoming Financial Services events, financial product updates, selling process requirements and Company/business initiatives, ensuring store leadership and associates understand the implications. Maintains thorough knowledge of available financial products, options, and current credit and leasing solutions.
- Completes Member financial transactions accurately and efficiently using POS and online systems. Consistently provides members with product solicitations as part key traffic periods. The presentation should address the member’s needs, both current and future. Executes consistent operational and selling processes (e.g. SYW program and rewards, credit application process, SYW Rewards, multi-channel opportunities, and other miscellaneous income opportunities) and stays up-to-date on changes. Ensures sales associates understand the operational and selling processes.
- Thoroughly understands website navigation and models use for sales associates, and proactively leverages technology to access and print information/reports to facilitate the Member experience.
- Optimizes credit, gift card, Shop Your Way Rewards, and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income opportunities).
- FSS responsibilities will not include associate scheduling, FLS store opening and closing duties, replenishment, MSP setup duties (except Financial Services signing) or Customer Experience Manager or Manager on Duty activities.
- Follows all store processes and policies. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the Member.
- Reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent Internet navigation
- Ability to learn, retain, and communicate Product knowledge of Financial Services products and options.
- Ability to work independently and maintain personal productivity
- Prior consultative experience required.
- Drive for results and Leadership ability to drive others into action.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Open availability to include nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Knowledge of offered products and services
- Passion for members and demonstrated customer service skills
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Passion for specialized financial services selling and detailed customer focus
Age Requirement: 18+ (Except Under Certain Conditions)
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top