Business Development Manager (Chicago, IL)
The Sales Manager II is a business development sales person focused on selling Sears Home Services (SHS) products and services to B2B customers across a multitude of industries and segments, including Property Management, Single-Family/Multi-Family, Hospitality, Education, etc. The Sales Manager II is responsible for establishing and leveraging high-level relationships with key decision makers to drive incremental business for Sears Commercials Sales. The Sales Manager II works closely with account managers to transition customers once a formal relationship has been established to enable future growth.
- Plans, organizes, and presents customer solutions to meet customer's needs
- Manages complex sales opportunities with customers having a regional footprint
- Negotiates contracts and product/service agreements consistently in excess of $100k
- Navigates and interacts with senior-level executives of organizations of all sizes
- Executes sales strategies across a cross-functional team to gain maximum results from customer relationships
- Maintains a consistent opportunity pipeline in excess of $8M with minimum $2.5M in executed sales per year
- Defines customer single sales objectives quickly and create new opportunities, develops them, and transitions to the account management team once executed.
- Leverages peer group and support resources to achieve financial objectives.
- Develops loyal customers and maintains high-level relationships
- Travels to customer locations as needed
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently to drive results
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Miller-Heiman Strategic Selling
- Masters in Business Administration
Preferred Education Requirements: Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience: 5-10 Years
Driver's License Required: Yes
Travel Requirements: 75%
Age Requirement: 18+
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top