Apparel Merchandising Associate
Do you have a passion for fashion? Do you take pride in your personal sense of style? Are you motivated by interacting with customers and finding ways to make them happy? If so, being a Sears' Apparel Merchandising Associate might be the position for you! Come be a part of our team!
What does a Sears' Apparel Merchandising Associate do?
The Apparel Merchandising Associate takes ownership of their assigned area and works as part of a team in order to deliver an amazing shopping experience that will delight our customers. People in this role are enthusiastic and motivated by trends, style, and bringing out the best in customers. Apparel Merchandising Associates strive to enhance the shopping experience of our Members and guests by moving clothing and accessories from our stockroom to our selling floor, re-working rack arrangements, merchandising to increase sales comps, and by assisting shoppers in selecting from the latest fashions to fit their lifestyle.
- Take ownership for enhancing the customer experience.
- Partner with selling associates, sales support associates and cashiers to provide superior customer service (i.e., locate merchandise, assist customers, answer phones, ring register).
- Set and maintain sales floor to national merchandising and presentation standards.
- Set plan-o-grams, endcaps, bulk stacks, pad resets, and typicals.
- Perform promotional ad setup and take down without error or omission.
- Perform accurate count updates and inventory adjustments.
- Print, sort, and set non-promotional, promotional, and seasonal signing, including store-wide and event signing.
- Adhere to merchandise protection standards.
- Fully optimizes credit, gift card, Shop Your Way Rewards and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable: Protection Agreements, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income opportunities).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule (which may include nights, weekends & holidays).
- Ability to use website navigation, and proactively leverages technology in order to facilitate the customer experience.
- Basic understanding of reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills.
- Comfort soliciting contact information from customers, upselling goods and services, encouraging impulse purchases and offering credit card and leasing opportunities to every customer, every time.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
See Inside the Office of Sears Holdings
Sears Holdings is a major retailer in the United States and Canada with over 2,500 retail stores across North America—including Sears, Kmart, and subsidiary stores. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer and provider of home services, as well as a sales leader in tools, lawn and garden products, fitness equipment, apparel, and home goods.
Back to top