Software Support Technician (English)
- Madrid, Spain
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific’s BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags and smartcards that drive business. Our software enables organizations around the world to improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit https://www.seagullscientific.com/
This Tier I position is located in Madrid, Spain.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about their work and fair in their interactions with people. We consider our technical support to be a vital part of the product we sell, and we want it to be the best. You are a self-motivated, hardworking professional who is dedicated to outstanding customer support, and are eager to learn new technical skills to make a real difference in a growing, international company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working in our Technical Services team, you will be helping customers by phone, e-mail, and chat with our BarTender software and printer drivers. This will include high-level technical issues related to our Enterprise software and third-party applications. You will:
- Engage with our customers over email, chat, and phone.
- Provide support to customers by identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
- Seek assistance from senior technicians or pass the case to them as needed.
- Research and answer questions from resellers and end users about our software’s capabilities.
- Contribute to our Knowledge Base and support articles by identifying and recording the issues that impact our customers.
- Have the opportunity to take on special tasks and projects, such as report writing, product documentation, suggest improvements for our products and programming.
- Above all, provide a World-Class customer experience.
You will learn more about the following topics via formal training and while you work:
- Database connectivity (ODBC, OLEDB, XML, IDOC, etc.)
- Integrating our product with other applications (using.NET, Visual Basic, C#, VB Script, ASP.NET, etc.)
- XML Scripting
- TCP/IP & UDP communication (Client/Server)
- Thermal printing technology
- Card printing technology
- Radiofrequency (RFID) tag encoding
- Barcode technology
- Virtual PCs & Servers
- SQL Server basics
In addition to your everyday duties, you will also have the opportunity to exercise "out of the box" thinking by taking on special tasks and projects, such as designing workflow procedures, product documentation, software testing, and even programming. You will also work closely with other departments, including Engineering, IT, Q&A and Sales. Since our technicians are the first line of communication with our customers, you will also play a vital role in suggesting improvements to our product.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- *Mandatory* - Good knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Problem-solving ability and active listening skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to successfully collaborate with different teams, as well as being self-motivated to work individually
- Ability to quickly learn and work with new software
- Ability to speak clear English and communicate effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Database familiarity (SQL, Oracle, Access)
- Programming familiarity (C#, VB.Net, VBScript, XML)
- Auto-ID experience
- Computer Science Degree
- Technical Support experience
- A high level of other European languages, Arabic or Hebrew would be considered a plus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position.
- At this time, we are not offering relocation packages.
- Ability to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in Spain.
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment.
- Office located in Madrid.
- Competitive salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible compensation benefits program (Transportation card, Lunch tickets etc.).
- Professional training, and development opportunities available.
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by Spanish/European law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top