WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit https://www.seagullscientific.com/.
This position is located in our Taipei office.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a strong team player who appreciates excellence, who is passionate about your work and fair in your interactions with people. You are an engineering professional who possesses a wide range of programming capabilities, including a solid background in using Windows programming experience in C++ to develop exciting new features. If you are looking for a job where your programming skills will make a significant impact on the real world, then we want to talk to you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for new feature design, documentation and implementation.
- Work within the team to maintain existing code and features.
- Work together with the QA/Testing department to assure quality in our products.
- Meet deadlines, strive for continual process improvement, and be self-motivated
- A degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 5+ years of C++ and/or C# experience
- Web application development
- Windows Programming experience
- Software Design and Architecture experience
- Ability to read, write and speak Chinese and English proficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Authorized to work in Taiwan without visa/work permit sponsorship, both now and in the future
Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Relational Database/SQL
- Network Programming
- Experience with Windows Services and Windows Security
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time position with benefits
- Local candidates only please -- relocation packages and travel reimbursement for onsite interviews not available
- Ability to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in Taiwan
- Competitive PTO Package
- Company-paid sick leave
- Company-paid medical examination
- Company-paid overseas business travel insurance
- Tuition reimbursement benefits
- Lunch reimbursement program
- Complimentary snack and soft drink supplies
- Fun staff and team-building activities
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR