Program Manager (Software Engineering)
- Bellevue, WA
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.seagullscientific.com.
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced Program Manager, challenged by the opportunity to work within our Software Engineering team to coordinate and drive the development, testing and documentation of our Company’s flagship products -- the BarTender Suite.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Research and participate in UI design and review for new product features
- Gather product requirements and write feature specifications
- Track project schedules
- Communicate and coordinate tasks among teams
- Triage bugs to ensure proper priority is given to important issues
- Partner cross-departmentally with Technical Services, Sales, and Marketing when needed
- Work with external vendors and partners when necessary to successfully complete projects
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 2+ years of program management experience working with computer software, hardware, or network technologies within a software engineering team
- Experience in spec writing
- Ability to influence and manage both peer-level and senior stakeholders
- Exceptional organization and time management/prioritization skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment and prioritize your own work
- Understanding of the full product development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and across organizational boundaries
- Experience designing UI
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, technical design, graphic design, or equivalent experience
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position
- At this time, we are looking at local candidates only, as we are not offering relocation packages
- Ability to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities—anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top