Product Marketing Manager
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing-and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.seagullscientific.com.
This position is based in Seagull's headquarters office in Bellevue, Washington, and reports to the Vice President of Marketing, who is also based in Bellevue. The position interacts with the Sales, Engineering and Technical Services organizations, and with Marketing colleagues in regional offices.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a driven, product marketing manager with 5-10 years of experience, looking to join a global team at an industry-leading SMB.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be a leading expert and passionate advocate for BarTender software both within and outside the company.
You are the marketing focal point and cross-departmental coordinator for product launches. You will co-own launch decisions with the Marketing and Engineering teams, ensuring that all departments are coordinated, that partners are prepared, and that all communications are clear, timely and effective.
You will work closely with internal teams to influence the product roadmap, and actively drive market positioning, pricing, and other initiatives based on research and customer feedback.
You will maintain a deep understanding of our product, our partners, our customers and our competitors, and actively transform your own insights and ideas into compelling sales tools and outbound campaigns to drive customer demand and sales.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop the Go-to-Market strategy for the Bartender family of products, to include the value proposition, positioning, pricing, messaging, customer development, channel strategy and leadgen
- Work closely with the Marketing and Engineering teams to manage all product launch activities, such as developing internal and external communications, creating sales tools, conducting product training and coordinating activities between Development, Marketing, Sales and channel partners.
- Develop and implement demand generation programs, white papers, case studies/success stories, web content, and sales brochures.
- Serve as the company's subject matter expert and lead spokesperson for the BarTender product, including presentations at events and briefings with both internal and external audiences.
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis to develop compelling product positioning, pricing and messaging that differentiate BarTender in the market.
- Represent Marketing with Engineering projects which impact Global Partners, e.g. CRM, Partner Portal.
- Be the Marketing lead for Global Partnerships (OEM, Technology, etc.).
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 7+ years' overall experience in Product Marketing, with 5+ years strategic experience in marketing to mid-size and enterprise companies in multiple countries.
- Superior ability to translate product functionality into clear benefits and to distill complex information into compelling and differentiating marketing messages.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become an expert on software functionality and markets, and to apply insights to development, marketing and sales efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally across departments and geographies to gain consensus and move projects forward.
- A strong team orientation with the ability to thrive in independent work.
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams; experience with international teams highly desirable.
- Availability for domestic and international travel (up to 15%).
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to travel up to 15% (domestic and international).
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, a related technical field or equivalent work experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a full-time position with benefits
- At this time, we are looking at local candidates only, as we are not offering relocation packages
- You must be able to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401K with 100% employer matching up to 3.0% with a 3-year vesting period
- Competitive PTO Package
- Paid company holidays
- Competitive salary
- On-site fitness center and deli
- Free parking or transportation subsidy (ORCA)
- Tuition-reimbursement benefits
- Company-paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability benefits
- Access to green space and Bellevue Open Space Trail System
- Fun staff and team-building activities-anniversary party, lunches and seasonal events
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Back to top