WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.seagullscientific.com.
This position is located in Bellevue, Washington. We are currently working remotely, with plans to shift to a hybrid work model.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a software engineer with a passion for both front-end design and back-end engineering, focused on web application development. You are skilled with virtual DOM frameworks (React / Redux), back-end API design and security-conscious.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
With a long history of developing Windows desktop software, we are now starting development on many new web applications and projects. That’s where you come in. As a member of our Web Development team, your duties will include the following:
- Work with our UX designers, Program Managers, and product stakeholders to work on all areas of web application development including front-end UI and backend APIs
- Occasional maintenance of our legacy web applications
- Working together with our QA department to assure quality of our products
- Communicating with our technical documentation team regarding how features are intended to be used
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer in full-stack web application development, including:
- React and Redux
- Cloud-hosting infrastructure (AWS or Azure) and the related tooling
- C#, .NET Framework, and .NET Core
- ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core
- Web API design including REST and GraphQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Tailwind CSS
- Experience with cloud services and deployments
- Knowledge of both Object Oriented Programming and Functional Programming principals
- Knowledge of source control systems (we use Perforce)
- Experience in software design and architecture preferred
- Experience with user interface design preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR