BI Developer (Contract)
- Bellevue, WA
WHO WE ARE
Seagull Scientific has always done one thing—and done it exceptionally well. Its BarTender® software transforms information into labels, barcodes, RFID tags, smartcards, and documents that drive business and improve safety, security, efficiency and compliance.
Headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, with branch offices in Madrid, Taipei, and Tokyo, Seagull Scientific's software is used in more than 150 countries and across virtually every industry. For more information about Seagull Scientific, please visit www.seagullscientific.com.
This is an independent contractor position located in Bellevue, Washington. Local candidates only, please.
WHO YOU ARE
You are you a master of business reports and excel at writing SQL queries. Managing Data Warehouses and developing dashboards gets you up and out of bed each morning. As a Business Intelligence Developer, you’re committed to joining a team of innovators in designing and developing insightful business reports and empowering the organization to achieve strategic business goals. You welcome the opportunity to provide recommendations on extending reporting to further improve the organization’s analytical capabilities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide governance, guidance, and determine best practices for all items related to reporting systems, including master data.
- Manage Data Warehouse databases and semantic models.
- Develop dashboards and reports for management review (Power BI, Tableau).
- Maintain operational integrity and performance of internal SQL databases.
- Write SQL queries supporting business users as required.
- Monitor business systems performance and integrity.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects within business systems.
- Design and standardize user interface and user experience across business systems.
- Provide operational training and documentation for business systems.
- Perform peer code reviews and provide feedback.
- May require occasional after hours on-call support.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- 3+ years’ experience developing sales and accounting business reports.
- 1 or more years’ experience Microsoft BI development tools.
- Thorough knowledge of relational database architecture and SQL.
- Thorough knowledge of Data Warehouse (BI) Patterns and Practices.
- Thorough knowledge of dimensional data models.
- Thorough knowledge of SSIS, SSAS, & SSRS.
- Familiar with Kimball reporting methods.
- Familiar with source code control, including Subversion.
- Working knowledge of DAX.
- Working knowledge of C#.
- Due to current conditions, you must be able to communicate effectively using collaboration tools and be able to complete your work successfully from home.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- This is a 6-month, temporary role as an independent contractor. You will not be an employee of the Company or be eligible for benefits.
- At this time, we are considering local candidates only.
- You must be able to provide documentation that proves authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
We are fair, we are passionate, we appreciate excellence and we act as a team. We offer a dynamic, culturally diverse and fun environment in which people with energy, creativity and passion work together to deliver amazing product experiences for our customers. You will be part of a team where your insights and ideas are valued.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Seagull Scientific has a company culture that respects a diverse and unified team from a range of backgrounds whose different perspectives enrich our business. Everyone at Seagull is treated fairly, with respect, and is encouraged to voice their opinion.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seagull Scientific Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Back to top