Sr Data Analyst
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Data Team
Our team is small but mighty, just five people digesting terabytes of data, making sense of it, and delivering key insights that drive both business and product decisions. The data team works on every aspect of the business so you’ll touch everything we do and have impact on all aspects of Scribd including product and data engineering. We’re looking for someone with strong business and product understanding. If you look at problems from a business perspective rather than a purely technical perspective and focus on producing insight into business problems, we’d love to talk to you!
- Provide decision-support to the whole company by doing analysis, building predictive models, creating reports - doing whatever it takes - to support data needs across the organization.
- Work primarily on Scribd's data warehouse, which stores terabytes of structured data using Hive and Impala and is queryable using SQL.
- Build and maintain internal dashboards of business metrics using Tableau.
- Create pipelines that transform raw application data into actionable business data.
- Become a domain expert in all aspects of the Scribd business, product, and data model; use this expertise to provide advice to all teams in the usage and interpretation of our data.
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in data analytics across multiple disciplines (BI, product, marketing, data science, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in math, stats, CS, physics, finance, etc or equivalent experience
- Top-notch SQL skills
- Professional experience w/ statistical modeling (multiple projects or products) and a deep understanding of the assumptions baked into each model
- Experience w/ a scripting language like Python, R, etc
- Experience w/ experimental design
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and off-sites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse!
Back to top