Senior Technical Recruiter
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the job
Scribd is growing fast! We're looking for a results-oriented, creative technical recruiter to help us scale software engineering and operations teams.
This is a full cycle recruiter opportunity, meaning you do it all - build strong relationships with hiring managers and their teams, ensure that candidates have an awesome experience with Scribd (even if we don’t make an offer), creatively source for the most challenging positions, efficiently schedule candidates with one arm tied behind your back (okay, you can use both arms), and guide the feedback and offer processes to effectively close the best candidates.
***Please note that this is a contract-to-hire position.***
You've worked in fast paced environments with small, scrappy teams and found creative ways to source software engineering and technical talent. You have excellent communication skills, a knack for writing engaging, personalized sourcing messages, creative ways to find and attract candidates, and a can-do attitude. You get excited about the product and teams you're building and it's infectious. You know how to manage the entire recruitment process and take pride in not just delivering successful hiring outcomes, but knowing that the experience of every candidate was a positive one.
We are specifically looking for someone with expertise and extensive experience filling web engineering and QA roles.
We're looking for:
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience with at least 3 years in-house recruiting for engineering/technical roles at a consumer facing tech company
- Experience working on engineering roles including: DevOps, QA, full stack web engineering, mobile, and data
- Experience working with an ATS, experience with Greenhouse a plus
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Proven track record of filling pipelines and successfully driving candidates through the interview process, with an average of 3 hires per month
- Experience working directly with hiring managers and teams to assess team needs and evaluate candidates
- Bachelor’s degree
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top