QA Engineer, Web
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, news, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the QA Team
We’re a fun group that enjoys being an advocate for the end-user. We love the challenges of testing and have helped successfully launch a number of features that you see on our site.
We are rigorous on quality, but we use creative ways to get there. If you have an idea on how to improve on our already high standards, we’d love to talk to you. We’re always looking for new strategies and better ways of doing things.
- Be responsible for the quality and testing of Scribd’s web application.
- Work with Product Managers and Developers in an Agile environment to come up with the most effective coverage.
- Author test plans and prioritize test cases that will later be automated.
- Improve our process of running regression tests. Be able to analyze, evaluate, and execute limited suites that improve quality and save overall regression time.
- Work with the overall deployment team to create faster smoke-testing and verification procedures.
- Develop end-to-end tests that model real-world usage.
Does a misplaced pixel bother you? Are you always pushing the limits of what an app can do? If so, you’ll most likely be a great fit for the QA team.
- 3--5 years experience testing highly scalable web applications.
- An understanding of different web browsers and their nuances. Should also be adept at both MacOS and Windows.
- Knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies.
- A keen eye for detail, yet be able to also look at the “big picture” and see what workflows and cases will affect the majority of users.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience working in an environment that performs daily deployments.
- Strong communication skills
- Have worked in an organization producing consumer software.
- Knowledge of various test tools: test case management systems, load/performance/stress testing tools, etc.
- Modern Programming or scripting experience in any language.
- Full stack testing (back-end and performance).
- Test automation experience.
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/scribd
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance.
We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top