QA Engineer, Mobile
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the QA Team
We’re a fun group that enjoys being an advocate for the end-user. We love the challenges of testing and have helped successfully launch a number of features that you see on our site.
We are rigorous on quality, but we use creative ways to get there. If you have an idea on how to improve on our already high standards, we’d love to talk to you. We’re always looking for new strategies and better ways of doing things.
- Be responsible for the quality and testing of Scribd’s mobile applications (iOS and Android).
- Work with Product Managers and Developers in an Agile environment to come up with the most effective coverage.
- Develop end-to-end tests that model real-world usage.
- Work cross-functionally with teams to provide quick, real-time feedback of issues and their resolution.
- Clearly communicate (written and verbal) newly found issues and see them through resolution and closure.
- Be a self-starter who is always looking for the quickest and smartest ways to improve the overall experience of our mobile apps.
Does a misplaced pixel bother you? Are you always pushing the limits of what an app can do? If so, you’ll most likely be a great fit for the QA team.
- 3--4 years experience testing with at least 1 in highly interactive mobile applications.
- An understanding of the differences between iOS and Android, and their deployment models.
- Adept knowledge of accepted user experience standards and design conventions for iOS and Android.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to quickly communicate and document new issues with accuracy and clarity.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and have worked in a Scrum environment.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Passionate about shipping high quality products
Nice to Have
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Experience with Xcode.
- Use of adb commands.
- Knowledge of a/b testing.
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- A budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/scribd
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top