QA Engineer, Accessibility
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the QA Team
We’re a fun group that enjoys being an advocate for the end-user. We love the challenges of testing and have helped successfully launch a number of features that you see on our site.
We are rigorous on quality, but we use creative ways to get there. If you have an idea on how to improve on our already high standards, we’d love to talk to you. We’re always looking for new strategies and better ways of doing things.
- Be responsible for making sure Scribd’s web application and mobile web experiences meet the AA standard for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Author test cases that check for Accessibility compliance.
- Make sure web and mobile web experiences are consistent.
- Be able to function on cross-discipline teams, making sure defects and issues are tested and closed promptly.
Does a misplaced pixel bother you? Are you always pushing the limits of what an app can do? If so, you’ll most likely be a great fit for the QA team.
This is a very specialized position and we ask that candidates have at least 2 or more years of accessibility testing experience. Candidates will be screened for specific knowledge of WCAG guidelines and also testing scenarios that relate to developing products meeting those guidelines.
- 2+ year experience testing systems that comply with the AA standard for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- 2-4 years overall QA experience testing large-scale systems involving web and mobile web.
- Some experience with web testing automation.
- Ability to clearly communicate and write findings and bug reports.
- Cross-browser testing experience including mobile web browsers.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders (product managers, project managers, developers, and designers)
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top