Product Designer - UX/UI Hybrid
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, news, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Product Design Team
Scribd is seeking a Product Designer who will drive the vision and direction of our design efforts across mobile and web platforms. We pride ourselves on creating delightful experiences for our readers and are looking for someone who is passionate about user research, design, technology, and reading to raise the bar even higher.
We work closely with the other teams including product, engineering, QA, and customer happiness to anticipate our readers’ wants and needs then deliver the solutions that keep the pages turning for our millions of active monthly users.
- Leading by example, the design for iOS, Android, web and mobile web products
- Organizing research and product information into coherent user flows, interaction designs, interactive prototypes, visual design mocks and specifications for dev to build.
- Advocating for user-centered design every step of the way
- Planning user research studies to understand and validate product concepts
- Working closely with engineers and partners to ensure that the user experience is simple, straightforward, and elegant
- Driving component based / UI patterns design and development
You are able to articulate your design criteria, UX and UI decisions with inspiring verbal and written and visual communication skills. You have a deep understanding of the interplay between design and engineering, technical collaboration, and delivery of final designs for mobile and web. You are dedicated to user-centered design and see crit sessions as an opportunity to both share your knowledge and learn from others.
- 3-5+ years professional experience crafting consumer facing products across iOS, Android, Web and Mobile Web.
- Ability to deliver around all aspects of a project from concept to launch
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions & the problems they are solving with excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly and testing hypotheses
- A deep understanding of component based product design or UI patterns
- Deep understanding and/or hands-on experience with user-interface design including interaction and visual
- Experience participating in and conducting usability studies
- Expert skills in the common design and prototyping skills including: Sketch, Marvel, InvisionApp, Illustrator, Photoshop, Framer, Pixate, HTML/CSS/JS, etc.
- A strong portfolio showcasing examples of information design skills and problem solving applying the user-experience design methodology: concept sketches, interaction flows, prototypes, design specifications for development, and UI designs for web and mobile. Examples of visual and UI mastery, including methodology and production assets are encouraged.
Please note that applications without portfolios, either online or an attachment, will not be considered. Candidates must submit more than a Dribbble/Behance link for consideration.
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- A budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- A flat structure with a lot of trust and very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse!
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance.
We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top