- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Team
We are Scribd’s storytellers-in-residence. As marketers, it’s our job — and our privilege — to help grow the business by spreading the word about Scribd through email, performance marketing, public relations, and social media programs.
We are a tight-knit team that works hard to continuously improve our skills and expand our industry knowledge. We strive to move quickly without sacrificing excellence. We believe that every problem has a solution. We believe in working hard while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, develop, and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategy and programs to drive awareness for Scribd
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key journalists, bloggers, publishing partners and influencers in consumer, technology, business and publishing spaces, and secure meaningful coverage in high profile outlets
- Oversee and manage day-to-day activities of Scribd’s PR firm
- Develop and execute brand and influencer events, partnerships and media engagements
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns
- Manage unexpected communications challenges with professionalism
- Create processes and a cadence of regular reporting and analysis
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced public relations professional to drive our communications programs.
You are a creative, energetic team player who has strong media relations and writing skills and is an expert at identifying storytelling trends and developing and nurturing relationships. You are passionate about excellence in writing and verbal communications and thrive in a collaborative environment, rolling up your sleeves to the job done.
If you are a self-starter who is strategic, flexible and resourceful, and thrives on building buzz and creating excitement for consumer brands we’d love to talk with you!
- 5+ years of experience in PR, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related fields a plus
- A track record of successfully representing startups -- bonus points for those who have worked with brands in the subscription, publishing, education or entertainment industries.
- Ability to communicate complex topics effectively
- Ability to set strategy, and then execute flawlessly
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven with an ability to juggle multiple priorities quickly
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- A budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/scribd
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
Social Media Manager
On the Marketing Team, Freya reaches out to Scribd's readership community, communicating and connecting with book lovers through innovative and inventive photography and copy.
Back to top