- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, news, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the iOS team
We’re a small team working on an app with 80mil active monthly users. You’ll work on everything from UI to API communication to database storage. We work together with teams across the company, including design, backend, and product, to make a solid app that our users love and use every day.
We believe in continuously improving our skills and codebase, work/life balance, and doing things right over doing them fast. We’re looking for engineers who share this view and are excited about writing quality code, trying new technologies, and playing well with others.
You will work on challenges including:
- Making sure our app is a beautiful, delightful reading experience
- Experimenting with MVC alternatives and pushing UIKit to the limit to implement delightful & elaborate interfaces.
- Design APIs and systems for synchronizing user data and reading progress across multiple devices seamlessly.
- Architect and maintain state machines & caches to robustly organize users’ downloaded content and provide them with a perfect offline experience
You’re a strong engineer who enjoys collaborating with different teams. You care about code review as both a chance to share your work and to learn from others. You focus on well-written, elegant solutions, not just the quick fix, and you never skimp on testing. You are always learning and always working to improve your craft.
- 2+ years experience shipping production level code
- at least one shipped iOS app that uses Core Data, Realm, or similar
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for experience working on a large-scale, popular iOS app
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and off-sites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse!
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance.
We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
From UI to animation, Paris builds, tests, and implements new mobile features before live launch on Scribd’s servers, providing readers and subscribers with a smooth experience.
Back to top