Email Integration Engineer
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the role
As an email software engineer, your role will be to work with our engineering and marketing teams to design, build and maintain tools for simplifying the process of creating rich, personalized email. In order to send out emails to our customers, we work with the third-party email provider ExactTarget. We send them our data and templates, and they spit out hundreds of thousands of personalized emails. You will be responsible for maintaining and improving the existing api-based pipeline we use to communicate exchange our data with ExactTarget, and building tools to automate the process of creating email templates with image-assets. If you like to build tools and see others use them then this is the role for you!
- Be responsible for the email integration between Scribd and ExactTarget
- Be responsible for the systems that send 1m+ emails per week -- optimize sql queries for sending emails to millions of users
- Setting up the template for EMM so some front end/css work on email design
- Work closely with both marketing and engineering to spec and develop the content for emails
- Build the tools that the marketing group will use to manage their email sends
- Our welcome email to include reader progress in last book they read -- how do you pull progress from the database? And then set up all the modules to populate the email before EMM customizes the template based on segmentation
- If we want to move to a different email system how would we migrate the data? How would we migrate without data loss or downtime?
- 2+ years using SQL, with experience in email segmentation a huge plus
- 2+ years experience working ExactTarget, Sail Through, Marketo, or other email programs
- 2+ years experience creating emails for different email clients, browsers, etc, including building template
- knowledge of exact target, sql / databases a plus
- experience in any programming language is ok, we’ll train you in Ruby
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
Back to top