Customer Joy Creator
- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, magazines, and sheet music
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Customer Joy Creator Role
Are you the person your friends call when their computer isn’t behaving? Do you use all the latest, coolest web apps? We’re looking for a Customer Joy Creator to join our new team in Phoenix, Arizona.
It’s essential that you have strong verbal and written communication skills, since you’ll be writing back and forth with customers all day. You’ll need strong problem solving skills and personal initiative to track down challenging problems. And a healthy dose of stress-tolerance to handle the occasional frustrated soul!
When you apply tell us your favorite part of “Delivering Happiness”, or share with us a story of great customer service.
Please note: this is not a remote position, we have a new office in Phoenix!
On a typical day you might
- handle a simple password reset
- clarify complex publishing advice
- QA test a new website functionality
- debug a customer’s problem
- interface with Scribd’s engineering team
- You live in the Phoenix area and can work in our office
- 2+ years work experience, ideally in a customer service or support role including retail, food service, etc
- Excellent written communication skills, including instructional and persuasive writing
- Strong reading comprehension and appreciation for detail
- Experience with advanced computer usage which include experience with many modern web applications and a good understanding of web practices
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Love for helping people and delivering great customer service
- Strong independent work ethic
- College degree or equivalent work experience
You’ll make us even happier with:
- Prior experience working in an online or technical customer support role (chat, email, etc)
- Startup experience
- Zendesk or Jira experience
- technical writing experience of any kind
- multilingual in Spanish, Portuguese, German, or French
- Basic programming skills or website QA experience
- weekend availability
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- Equity, generous PTO, wellness benefit, and other perks
- We have a small budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Apple laptops
- You’ll be flown to SF for large company events like our annual holiday party
Meet Some of Scribd's Employees
Social Media Manager
On the Marketing Team, Freya reaches out to Scribd's readership community, communicating and connecting with book lovers through innovative and inventive photography and copy.
Back to top