Windows, Linux & VMWare Server Engineer
- New York, NY
Requisition ID: 90962
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
In this role as a Windows, Linux & VMWare Server engineer, you will be responsible for 1st and 2nd level support of all servers, storage, connectivity, security and all infrastructure devices and software.
Is this role right for you?
- Ensures proper functionality for technology systems, their implementation and user acceptance for the region
- Create and enforce standards
- Excellent project planning and time management skills required
- Collaborate with DBA and SA teams
- Manage and monitor alerts and remediate issues to support a 24/7 production environment, show proper judgement and escalate issues to management appropriately
- Proactively develop and manage system capacity. Develop an early warning alerting system, manage alerts appropriately, ensure systems do not run out of capacity
- Implement and adhere to standards and procedures specified by the U.S. CISO
- Support audit and regulatory requests
- Design and build servers according to each project’s specification and for planned/anticipated growth.Responsible for implementing and enforcing proper operational procedures and processes; manages start of day and end of day checklist
- Design and execute process to ensure compliance with corporate policies, directives and industry best practices
- Create exemplary system, security and process documentation of all U.S. infrastructure and its ancillary parts
- Successfully collaborate with technical partners within the enterprise as well as external vendors
- Must be available to travel to all U.S. datacenters, colocation facilities and office locations as needed. Occasional travel to international locations may be required
- Support and help with troubleshooting of application performance issues within a virtual environment running on VMware
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- An undergraduate degree preferably in computer science, electronics or related field with at least 5 years of recent hands-on experience
- Excellent knowledge of local and wide-area networking
- Excellent knowledge of server-side troubleshooting, management and maintenance
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server and virtualization technologies
- Working knowledge of NAS/SAN storage and related sub systems
- Working knowledge of Linux / Unix based operating systems
- Excellent Troubleshooting skillsexcellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial services industry experience, preferred
- Required ability to work with Internal and external clients, vendors and other service providers
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and their differences and similarities are embraced. Learn more here .
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Developer, Electronics Engineer, Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Engineering
Back to top