Requisition ID: 95758
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
In this role as a U.S. Credit Risk Analyst, you will cover diversified corporate borrowers, which include but are not limited to, the following industry groups: general commercial & industrial, utilities, wholesale, food & beverage, retail and technology. You will ensure that specific individual goals, plans and initiatives are executed and delivered in support of the Bank’s business strategies and objectives and that all credit activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
Is this role right for you?
- Manage a portfolio of individual credits across multiple corporate industries that will include general commercial & industrial, engineering & technology, retail and technology
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Identify risk mitigation opportunities and developing/maintaining portfolio reports that support this function
- Assist in preparing information for and responding to questions from regulatory authorities
- Ensure that all credit adjudication(s) and daily practices adhere to Bank policies and procedures
- Understand and implement the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Coordinate and work with Head Office Global Risk Management when necessary in matters related to the presentation of the global view of credit risk related to the portfolios
- Participate in special projects across multiple industry teams within U.S. Credit Risk Management related to broader strategic initiatives and development of portfolio management and reporting capabilities
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- A minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. Master's degree, recognized professional designation in a specialized area of finance or business, or equivalent, is an asset
- 2-5 years of experience in financial and credit risk analysis of diversified industries
- An understanding of the lending policies, procedures and practices
- An understanding of credit risk, and the structures and protections required for the exercise of credit analysis, including knowledge of corporate lending products and documentation
- Knowledge of financial projections and sensitivities
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proactive decision-maker; must handle high volume of credit intensive work; must take initiative in a highly time sensitive environment
- The ability to be a team player, highly organized with an ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment and manage multiple priorities
- The ability to prioritize tasks, creatively solve problems, motivate others and implement new solutions
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and their differences and similarities are embraced. Learn more here .
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Credit, Risk Management, Credit Analyst, Bank, Banking, Finance