Compliance Testing Officer (Manager)
- New York, NY
Requisition ID: 88517
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As a Compliance Testing Officer, you will ensure that the U.S. operations of The Bank of Nova Scotia, Scotia Capital (USA) Inc., and their affiliates (collectively the “Bank”) have a robust compliance testing program, inclusive of policies, procedures, processes and methodologies, in place to satisfy applicable U.S. legal and regulatory requirements/expectations. You will be responsible for developing and implementing a best practices compliance testing program and associated methodologies for its review and effective challenge of the first and second lines of defense program for the Bank.
Is this role right for you?
- Scope and execute compliance testing in order to assess compliance with legal, regulatory and internal firm policy requirements
- Focus on the applicable regulatory requirements to ensure testing is adequately designed to identify potential control gaps and non-compliance with laws and regulations
- Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management
- Ensure that the stakeholders respond with appropriate action to address all draft recommendations and deficiencies noted during the fieldwork process
- Perform required administrative responsibilities in support of testing, including but not limited to:
- Preparing and entering all issues and observations into central repository
- Prepare and distribute testing reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations
- Prepare Workpapers documenting testing
- Provide assistance with the Team’s collective issues management and validation testing efforts
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Maintain a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge
Do you have the skills you need to succeed? We'd love to work with you, if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of compliance, audit or regulatory exam support, at least 3 of which should involve testing or audit
- Experience/background in compliance applicable to broker-dealer internal inspections, institutional trading & sales, investment banking, futures commission merchant, swap dealer activities, commercial banking, investment management, and corporate functions within investment or commercial bank or institutional broker-dealer is preferred
- Familiarity with applicable SEC, FINRA, CFTC, NFA, Federal Reserve and state banking rules applicable to international banks conducting institutional trading & sales, investment banking, investment management, and commercial banking in the U.S
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Solid ability to quickly review, assimilate, prioritize and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Solid ability to manage multiple compliance reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines
- Outstanding written and spoken communication abilities
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to be highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects
- A BA or international equivalent
- The ability to speak, read and write in Spanish (desirable but not required)
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Manager, Web Design, Compliance, Finance, Management, Creative, Legal
Back to top