Requisition ID: 138504
Cost Centre: NEW YORK AGENCY GENERAL
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $3,500.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide responsive application level support and development of components and services for critical trading applications used by Commodities Sales and Trading Desks. Individual will be responsible for development and support around production and non-production application deployments, application support, end of day batches
Resolution and Prevention of Problems
Presented with application level issues on mission critical systems requiring same day resolution. Often, resolution determination requires interaction with other teams onsite and remotely. Considerable effort is placed into determining, developing and delivering procedures to protect production environments from unplanned outages.
Implement and Develop Solutions for end users
Manage major, multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems. Provide technical assistance to Front Office, Middle, and Back Office users. Implement automated procedures to solve complex problems.
Application Administration and New Projects
Perform application support and administration tasks associated with environment of specialisation. Provide application and process cross training to other teammates. Ability to take on new projects and balance between production support items and assigned projects.
System, Application Monitoring and Updates
Setup proactive application monitoring and identify monitoring recommendations to be assessed, tested, and implemented for capacity planning or where resource constraints are identified.
COMPLEXITY OF POSITION
- New York based Technical Analyst role focusing on Development and End user support with strong hands on engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide business and technical support to the Front, Middle, and Back-office users and report issues to senior management.
- Requires the ability to think strategically and have analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and production support.
- Prior exposure to Commodities business
- Experience working on a trading floor
- Significant experience and knowledge of Commodity markets in the US/Canada including Oil and Natural Gas – 3+ years of hands on experience
- Strong working experience with either in-house built Commodities systems or vendor Commodities trading systems such as Triple Point CommodityXL (preferred) or OpenLink Endur
- Strong Knowledge of Market Risk as it relates to Derivatives products in the Commodities space (or a different asset class). This includes understanding of higher order greeks for options, pricing and P/L
- Requires the ability to think strategically and have analytical and proactive problem solving skills. Requires education with focus on Math or Computer science
- Should have excellent client service skills and ability to work well in a fast-paced trading floor environment and strong organizational skills and detail-oriented. Ability to troubleshoot complex technology and data related issues and solid working knowledge of securities industry systems and terminology.
- Provide System Administration, ad hoc queries and Application Support for supported systems.
Technical & Education requirements
- Strong in Unix, Shell scripting, Python – 5+ years of hands on experience
- Experience with Weblogic administration would be an advantage
- Proficient with source code versioning tools (Git, SVN) and build tools (Maven, Gradle, Ant).
- Experience working with SQL (Oracle) – 3+ years of hands on experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Physics or Computer Science
- Experience working within the Commodities Trading area
- Hands-on experience working on a Trade Floor and supporting a trading environment
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
AUTHORITY/DECISION MAKING/DIRECTION RECEIVED:
Position requires the ability to resolve technical application level problems, with minimal supervision under normal working conditions, with the ability to work on site or remotely (over the phone) and must be available on a 7x24x365 basis for systems support/consultation.
The individual must provide constant updates to management regarding problem resolution and availability of applications.
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Technical Support, Developer, Database, Oracle, Engineer, Technology, Engineering