Requisition ID: 137941
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Analyst, Latin America Investment Banking, Global Banking & Markets
Contributes to the overall success of the Latin America Investment Banking Division globally, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The role focuses on preparing client presentations, financial models and conducting research on companies, industries and geographies. With experience, Analysts take on increased responsibilities including directing transactions and participating in business development with the guidance of senior group members. On any given project, Analysts will interact with other departments of the firm such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Banking, Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Syndications and Corporate Solutions gaining knowledge and understanding of both investment banking and the capital markets. Scotiabank brings new Analysts in contact with clients and senior investment bankers at the earliest possible stage, allowing them to gain experience in managing and cultivating client relationships. Standards are very high as most work is presented to senior executives at client firms.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge;
• Responsible for developing detailed marketing materials for client pitches and presentations in a timely manner. This is achieved by compiling information from multiple sources including Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Equity Research publications, and Company sources for qualitative and quantitative slides;
• Responsible for managing due diligence processes in buy-side/sell-side mandates, including managing the working group lists, Q&A processes, information requests and organizing calls and preparing call reports;
• Participates in all stages of transaction execution, from the pitch phase through to closing;
• Evaluates and analyzes the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models;
• Prepares financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.;
• Participates in drafting prospectuses and marketing presentations for transactions;
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions;
• Coordinates with product and industry partners at Scotiabank in the preparation of integrated materials that provide a comprehensive solution to our clients; and
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk; and
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree, in Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification and have an excellent academic and professional record
• Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
• Related investment banking or industry experience is an asset
• Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory; experience building three statement operating financial models and valuation modules
• Significant experience using advanced Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint functionality
• Fluent Portuguese and/or Spanish speaker preferred
• FINRA Series and Series 79 are an asset
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Equity, Investment, Investment Banking, Finance
Requisition ID: 137941