Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you'll do:
You’ll develop high performance, highly scalable web applications. Our web app is used by over 17 million educators, students and parents worldwide. More specifically you’ll build-out the Schoology Gradebook further and the overall security of our web app. You won’t do this by yourself -- you’ll work on a cross-functional team (we call them “squads”) where you’ll play a critical role in design, planning, development and deployment. You’ll also:
- Use technical knowledge and creative thinking to provide the most innovative solutions. Bottom line: you’ll have a say in what’s built — we’re not throwing specs over the wall for you to develop on an island.
- Meet aggressive deadlines in a rapid application development environment.
What we'd like:
- Experience developing web applications in an agile team environment with tools like Git.
- One to two years of experience developing in one or more of the following languages: PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, GO or node.js.
- Experience developing at all levels of the technology stack, with particular focus on the back-end.
- Experience working with web services (e.g. REST, SOAP) and a strong understanding of MVC.
- Deep fundamental understanding of web application technology.
- Basic understanding of basic web skills (HTML, CSS).
- Experience developing within a Linux development environment and navigating other open source tools/technologies.
- Superior communications and organization skills — you’re going to be working on a team, so this is essential.
- Self-motivation as well as ability and desire to learn new technologies, applications, processes, and environments.
Bonus points for:
- Interest in growing into a potential technical leadership role.
- Experience with LAMP-based (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP) development.
- Familiarity with Laravel.
- Familiarity with Mongo, or Redis.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top