Senior Product Manager, Partner Ecosystem
Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content and systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why We Need You:
Schoology is the most open learning platform for the K-12 education market. Our millions of users and thousands of enterprise K-12 customers require their education tools all work together. Identifying and delivering on solutions that enable product partners to be successful with Schoology is a key role in supporting company growth, retention, and customer satisfaction.
The Senior Product Manager, Partner Ecosystem will develop a robust partnership strategy, supporting the growing ecosystem of product partners, and delivering on the promise of a truly innovative K-12 educational technology platform.
As a Senior Product Manager, Partner Ecosystem, you will:
- Be a driving force to help craft a vision and associated strategy that continues to advance Schoology’s leadership as a teaching and learning platform.
- Actively seek and identify strategic partners that continue to deliver value to Schoology customers.
- Serve as the primary technical contact for partner needs, issue resolution, functional production, delivery and associated inquiries.
- Be the subject matter authority on Schoology’s partner integrations and API ecosystem.
- Determine and document the criteria that ensures a partner is a strategic match, technically aligned, addresses product gaps, and delivers quality integrations.
- Develop partner training curriculum that will require close teamwork with all product teams.
- Deliver creative and innovative integration features based upon customer requirements.
- Bring forward your working knowledge of software engineering to interact with developers, communicate needs, and drive integration feature execution.
- Update and maintain (in collaboration with all involved parties) documentation for partners that includes API access information, integration documentation, support processes, FAQs, and training material.
- Configure and provision sandbox environments.
- Work with all team members and interested parties to launch partner integrations and roll out them out to internal and external stakeholders: training, demos, first line of support to all areas of the organization including Sales, Client Success.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- BS/BA: science, engineering or business administration, or relevant experience
- Extraordinary program management, analytical, and organizational skills
- 5+ years experience in an Engineering, Product Management, or K-12 education environment, or similar role
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple ongoing projects with many cross-functional dependencies
- Effective collaboration experience across teams and organizations
- Experience in obtaining and synthesizing customer and partner feedback from various sources, assessing root needs, and integrating that information into a cohesive design
- Ability to understand and communicate architectural requirements, preferences, and limitations
- Exposure to the following technologies:
- Hands on with tools auditing, analyzing and instrumenting API usage to resolve technical and operational requirements
Bonus points for:
- Experience with K-12 Education
- Experience working and negotiating with partners
- Experience with implementing secure and scalable API solutions at the enterprise level
- Experience writing detailed user stories, handling a backlog and product roadmap
- Previous partner management experience in a technical role
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity and Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top