Senior Mobile Engineer - iOS
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 17 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
- We’re customizing our mobile platform to different user needs, and need your help to fine tune each experience for educators, administrators and students.
- We’ve introduced new in app capabilities like offline content access, but want to add features like interactive, instructional and self publishing video.
- While our native app continues to expand, we’re also looking to create a series of stand alone apps from the ground up, giving you the reigns to decide the details of what technology to use and how to build it.
What you'll do:
- You'll contribute heavily to the development of our iOS application.
- You’ll collaborate closely with our mobile development team to ensure we’re leveraging the best mobile technologies.
- You’ll participate in the design of our mobile app architecture.
- You’ll work closely with our Product Management and User Experience teams.
What we'd like:
- Experience working in cross-functional technical teams, including both engineering, QA & UX resources.
- 3+ years experience developing native mobile iOS applications with Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa frameworks/libraries. You must have deep expertise in iOS.
- Strong understanding of Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM).
- Strong understanding of core CS principles, including OOA/D.
- Strong understanding of multi-threading in mobile applications.
- Experience leveraging REST APIs.
- Good communications and organization skills
What we'd really like:
- Understanding of automated testing best practices in the mobile space.
- Interest in growing into a leadership role.
- Familiarity with variants of agile development methodologies.
- An interest in utilizing Apple’s new programming language, Swift.
- Strong fundamental understanding of web application technology.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top