Senior Marketing Design Manager
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 20 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
Schoology is looking for a passionate, creative and multi-skilled Senior Marketing Design Manager to join the marketing team. The Senior Design Manager will maintain innovative, consistent and brand-appropriate design solutions and contribute to generating design concepts for both print collateral and web design.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing concepts and designing for digital and printed brand materials, including advertisements, collateral, invitation and presentation materials
- Enhancing design boundaries and continuing building an exciting, appropriate brand experience
- Identifying areas for improvement among existing creative assets and take steps to improve or revamp them
- Ensuring consistent and cohesive design language and formats across all collateral and web/multimedia projects
- Managing, organizing and maintaining artworks for flawless file releasing and production
- Designing and managing Schoology’s web assets that support marketing’s efforts
- Identifying gaps in current web design process and asset portfolios and taking action to improve them
- Understanding different forms of digital and social media and how they relate to marketing campaigns from a design perspective
Print Promotion Design
- Create/layout and mechanicals for various print works including interactive pieces, direct mail, POS visual elements, brochures and corporate literature
- Directing still life art photography for promotional uses
Promotional Events Design
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales on specific promotional events: budget guideline, quantities, and developing brand and product image POS, as needed
- Negotiating with vendors given cost guidelines and timing where necessary on internal projects
- Tracking creative workflow and departmental spending
- Tracking design turnovers and keep a log of design standards
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- 4 + years of experience in areas of visual merchandising, marketing collateral, buying, sales, and management
- A bachelor’s degree
- Strong graphic design background
- Strong experience with the Adobe Suite
- Creative, strong design skills and experience working with various processes and material involved in the creation of art and design
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interface with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organization
- Knowledge of current art design trends, materials, and processes
- Clean and elegant design aesthetic with superb typography skill
- Superior organizational skills, keen eye for detail
- Must function well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Strong interest in technology and education
- A startup mentality for executing on projects quickly, efficiently and with high quality
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Meet Some of Schoology's Employees
Alex creates and refines Schoology’s client-specific website and applications, giving educators around the world flexibility and accessibility to quality interactive learning tools.
Back to top