Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 20 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll be in a hands-on development role collaborating with our team to helping continue building the leading LMS software in the industry, Schoology! Your focus will be sharing ownership of the implementation of our new, live style guide, which is influenced by our design system. This will also involve creating UI components to continuously improve our customer’s user experience.
What can you expect working at Schoology?
Our software engineering practices promote the culture of continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous improvement, and in your front-end centric role, you will help us set UI architecture patterns and deliver high-quality software daily.
We use React and Flux already but that is just the beginning of what we need to build this system. The right candidate is ready for this challenge and eager to apply sound software engineering practices to the Schoology web application.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Design, and Operations teams to create and deliver the functional vision of the product.
- Ensure we’re utilizing the best front end development techniques architectural patterns, frameworks and libraries that allow us to deliver a great experience to our users and an implementation which we can easily maintain and extend over time.
- Implement Schoology’s web UI architecture.
- Guide the implementation and adoption of a live style guide that will allow the engineering organization to quickly deliver a consistent experience across the web application.
- Assure that our tooling and processes consider accessibility, internationalization, and localization as first-class concerns.
- Support the Quality Engineering team in keeping the UI test automation framework aligned with our web UI architecture.
To succeed in the position, you will need:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience on consumer or enterprise web applications
- 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer focusing on client-side web application development
- Experience working in or knowledge of the importance of TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Solid understanding of patterns and frameworks such as Flux w/ ReactJS, AngularJS, etc.
- Deep expertise in HTML5, CSS3 specifications along with SASS, LESS, or another CSS extension language
- Experience with module bundlers like Webpack
- Expertise in minification tools
- Experience contributing to software architecture
- Experience working with consumer facing web products
- Experience with systems with sophisticated access control capabilities
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems and data
Bonus points for:
- Experience working at a SaaS startup
- Experience with server applications using the Laravel framework in PHP
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Meet Some of Schoology's Employees
Alex creates and refines Schoology’s client-specific website and applications, giving educators around the world flexibility and accessibility to quality interactive learning tools.
Back to top