Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 15 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
Why we need you:
Schoology is looking for a passionate, creative and multi-skilled Senior Designer to join the creative team. The Senior Designer will maintain innovative, consistent and brand appropriate design solutions to contribute to generating design concepts for both print collateral and interactive design. The ideal candidate should be fluent in emerging trends within the education, technology and web/interactive design industries. Strong design background and attention to details and time management are key skills for this position.
As the Senior Designer, you will lead the following:
- Develop concepts and design for digital and printed brand materials, including advertisements, collateral, invitation and presentation materials.
- Enhance design boundaries and continue building an exciting, appropriate brand experience
- Strong graphic design background
- Ensure consistent and cohesive design language and formats across all collateral and web/multimedia projects
- Manage, organize and maintain artworks for flawless file releasing and production
- Clean and elegant design aesthetic with superb typography skill
- Superior organizational skills, keen eye for detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects with high level of detail and accuracy
- Must function well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Design and manage production of promotional packaging for Schoology product.
- Coordinate with other internal departments and outside vendors to ensure project stability.
- Create packaging as needed, and adapt for global programs.
- Create/layout and mechanicals for various print works including interactive pieces, direct mail, POS visual elements, brochures and corporate literature.
- Direct still life art photography for promotional uses.
- Liaise with Marketing and Sales on specific promotional events: budget guideline, quantities, and developing brand and product image POS, as needed.
- Negotiate with vendors given cost guidelines and timing where necessary on internal projects.
- Responsible for tracking creative work flow and departmental spending.
- Track design turnovers and keep a log of design standards.
To succeed in this position, you will need to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of experience in areas of visual merchandising, marketing collateral, buying, sales, and management.
- Strong experience with the Adobe Suite
- Creative, strong design skills, experience working with various processes and material involved in the creation of art and design.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to interface with a wide range of people both internal and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of current art design trends, materials, and processes.
- Strong interest in technology and education.
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education.
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Back to top